Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Infinity Train Mini-Series Confirmed 🌟

Image result for infinity train        Infinity Train has now been confirmed to be a mini-series. Premiering on August 5th, 2019 the show will follow the adventures of Tulip, One One and Atticus as they try and find their way through a seemingly never-ending train full of obstacles and solve the mystery of what the mysterious glowing number on Tulip's hand is. Instead of the show being a full length series like others including myself hoped it would be, it will be limited to a mini-series, a 5 night special event.
      
        Personally, I am kinda sad. I've been looking forward to Infinity Train ever since I saw the pilot back in 2016. I was really hoping that the show would be a nice long adventure similar to shows like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe and Adventure Time. Now it seems like the show will be up there with Over The Garden wall, another miniseries Cartoon Network had which was heavily praised. Believe it or not, I actually never watched Over The Garden Wall. It came out at a time when I was fairly young, and the trailer to the show seemed very creepy to me. I'm not saying it wasn't a good series though! Judging from how well received it was, the show was more than likely worth it to watch.
Image result for over the garden wall     
        While Over The Garden Wall initially started the idea of making a mini-series, it wasn't the first time Cartoon Network tried dabbling in mini-series. Cartoon Network tried making a mini-series with Adventure Time called Adventure Time Islands. I feel as if Cartoon Network will try and create more mini-series in the future. It's a good money move on their part. They get to make animation that people enjoy, and they get to spend a significantly small amount of money on production. It's a win-win!

        There are a couple reasons however that I'm looking forward to Infinity Train. One of them is that I want to know what the number on Tulip's hand mean. Is it some sort of tracker? A counter as to how many people are on board?  It could mean anything. That's one of the perks of having it as a mini-series. We can get the answer that that mystery earlier. I would also like to know more about the actual train itself. How did the train come to be? Why did it stop for Tulip? Who is the monster that is chasing Tulip and what does it want with her? There are so many questions to ask and that fact that the mini-series is lasting for 5 nights means we can get the answer a lot sooner...hopefully.

        So those are my thoughts on Infinity Train. I'm over-all very happy that the series got green-lit and I am looking forward to August 5th to see it. Looks like this summer is pretty promising in terms of cartoons and animation. First we have Infinity Train and now we have Infinity Train. Cartoon Network's future is looking promising, and it seems as if we'd enter a new era. ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment